Changes to Dive-Oz

2 months 1 week ago #303573 by Webguy
Webguy created the topic: Changes to Dive-Oz
Hi all, seems a number of you were unable to handle the colour scheme of the last look of the site, so, I have now made it much plainer and should be easier to read for you now. Quite a few changes have been made under the hood as well. The wreck sites and pier dive site directories are now back online. I am continuing to fix a few things as so much broke during this process, some sections remain offline while I work on solutions to getting those sorted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #303574 by AB
AB replied the topic: Changes to Dive-Oz
I didn't need to reset my password to gain access, and so far it seems to be working ok. It will be interesting to see others response to the new look!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 6 days ago #303575 by Webguy
Webguy replied the topic: Changes to Dive-Oz
This should be much easier to read, sure it is plain, but that helps make it easier to read of course.

Open to suggestions on what people want to see / change etc. Not saying I will make every suggestion into a reality, but they will be taken onboard....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murph68

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago - 2 months 3 days ago #303576 by lloyd_borrett
lloyd_borrett replied the topic: Changes to Dive-Oz
Liking the new colour scheme so far Webby. The previous one was a shocker.

I can't find the Recent Topics link for the forums. Any chance you could put it on the menu as a drop down for Discussion Forums?
Last Edit: 2 months 3 days ago by lloyd_borrett.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #303577 by Bazza
Bazza replied the topic: Changes to Dive-Oz
Magic ..... much much better

regards Baz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #303578 by packo
packo replied the topic: Changes to Dive-Oz
A nicer look and easier reading. Glad wasted "left panel" gone.

To cope with the old dark blue background alas I used "yellow on blue" for prominent headings. I'll slowly get round to changing them all as now yellow on white mostly unreadable.

Much better editor but do miss side-by-side edit & preview. (will try symultaneous broswer windows)

BBC tag query, [/i] following [/color] works but the [/i] tag then gets rendered as well? Reversing the order seems to be a work around.

Thanks for all your good hard work in rebuilding a better site.

cheers,
packo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #303579 by Webguy
Webguy replied the topic: Changes to Dive-Oz

lloyd_borrett wrote: Liking the new colour scheme so far Webby. The previous one was a shocker.

I can't find the Recent Topics link for the forums. Any chance you could put it on the menu as a drop down for Discussion Forums?


Glad you like it. Never noticed the missing recent topics option. Will look into that tonight.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #303580 by Webguy
Webguy replied the topic: Changes to Dive-Oz

Bazza wrote: Magic ..... much much better

regards Baz


Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #303581 by Webguy
Webguy replied the topic: Changes to Dive-Oz

packo wrote: A nicer look and easier reading. Glad wasted "left panel" gone.

To cope with the old dark blue background alas I used "yellow on blue" for prominent headings. I'll slowly get round to changing them all as now yellow on white mostly unreadable.

Much better editor but do miss side-by-side edit & preview. (will try symultaneous broswer windows)

BBC tag query, [/i] following [/color] works but the [/i] tag then gets rendered as well? Reversing the order seems to be a work around.

Thanks for all your good hard work in rebuilding a better site.

cheers,
packo


Glad you like it. The headaches I have had over the last few weeks. Ugg.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 day ago #303582 by slug
slug replied the topic: Changes to Dive-Oz
Looks good, well done.

Cheers Greg C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #303646 by Barjumpa
Barjumpa replied the topic: Changes to Dive-Oz
I am a computer idjit but on an iPhone 6 I can’t get this version to remember my password. I then have to scroll through lots of stuff to find a log in spot.

2. I previously had a shortcut to submit the next joke while they are still fresh in my head.. I can’t get a link to that area either..

I still reckon we need to lift all those jokes, categorise them, delete the duplicates and make an e-book of jokes

Cheers Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #303649 by Webguy
Webguy replied the topic: Changes to Dive-Oz

Barjumpa wrote: I am a computer idjit but on an iPhone 6 I can’t get this version to remember my password. I then have to scroll through lots of stuff to find a log in spot.

2. I previously had a shortcut to submit the next joke while they are still fresh in my head.. I can’t get a link to that area either..

I still reckon we need to lift all those jokes, categorise them, delete the duplicates and make an e-book of jokes

Cheers Neil


OK, the later versions of Joomla that this site is powered by, has a much shorter "Memory" for you being logged in, the main menu in the menu bar has the login link to easily login if you need to. I can set it to "remember" you longer, but then, it thinks you are still here on the site when you are not etc. I'll keep an eye on it.

The old direct link no longer exists I believe, the reply box just appears now under the thread you are replying to.

I'll leave it to you to do the joke book LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #303650 by Webguy
Webguy replied the topic: Changes to Dive-Oz
Packo has pointed out a couple of issues, one is the pagination numerals and words were not visible, a side effect of the core upgrade, I hope this time I have made changes so that will not happen next upgrade.

The social login box in the menu worked, but not in a good way, so have disabled that for now.

An issue with the contact page form, about to go look at that now.

Thanks for the feedback.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.